Monday, May 4, 2009

Falling sick


I'm not sure how you'd feel about the temperature taking exercise (twice daily).

My guesses are -

1. it's a hassle?
2. it's a relief because finally, the teachers stop yakking away?
3. the school is being kiasu and overreacts?
4. it's absolutely important to be vigilant in view of an imminent outbreak of influenza A H1N1?
5. wishing that the outbreak will happen sooner and exams will be cancelled?
6. I don't care?
7. huh? what temperature taking? (for those who are totally oblivious)

Personally, I think this is a classic case of being kiasu. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this in a malicious way.

There are many ways and scenarios in which you can be kiasu. Being kiasu in this case of temperature taking is justifiable.

We see "people-at-the-top" trying out ways to manage a virus that is still pretty much unknown. I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

People like us, who are not the main decision makers, can just follow the rules and cooperate with the authority. After all, it is our health that is at stake.

We take responsibility for not just our health, but our friends' as well since we are all interacting closely on a day-to-day basis.

For those who know me well, you should know that I hate to do things without knowing why.

If you still don't know why you are going through all these temperature taking procedures, take it as: we are all trying to prevent a situation in which many of us fall sick. Very very sick.

Meanwhile, some of you have seen me coughing like a madman today during lesson. Tomorrow I am on MC.

Don't miss me too much.

Heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment